OPEN POSITION – Director of Early Years and Elementary Education
Imagine Montessori School, located in Valencia, is looking to hire a Director of Early Years (3 to 6 years old children) and Elementary (6 to 12 years old children) Education. Candidate is expected to be assertive, warm, positive and organized, with the ability to lead a dynamic and motivated team. Native or fluent in English, the candidate will also bring a passion for education and a creative approach to achieve our School‘s vision. Among the candidate’s responsibilities are: leading academic coordinators and teachers team, ensuring authentic Montessori practice throughout our programs while meeting or exceeding British curriculum goals, participating on the design process of a new location facility by providing insight on pedagogic requirements. Building relationships and engaging with staff, students and our diverse multi-cultural community are important elements of the role.
“Must have” characteristics for the role:
- Have Montessori qualifications at both Early Years and Elementary level
- Bachelor in Education (Bachelor of Education (BoEd), Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE), Graduate Teacher Programme (GTP), “Magisterio” or UK Level 6 equivalent)
- Have a deep knowledge on prepared environment for Elementary
- +3 years’ experience in both Upper Elementary and Lower Elementary
- Be fluent in English
- Be a EU-citizen or have a valid work-permit
“Nice to have” characteristics for the role:
- Knowledge of the British Curriculum (Early Years Foundation Stage and and Elementary)
- Experience in British Schools
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in training teachers on Montessori principles
- Being part of an enthusiastic, vocational and wonderful team.
- Working with families committed to the Montessori Method.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Brand new centre, with prepared environment with complete and brand new set of Montessori material.
- Full time position with attractive salary based on experience and a benefits package included.
- Supportive and collaborative leadership that fosters professional and personal growth.
- A great location in the amazing city of Valencia (Mediterranean seaside) with excellent travel connections.
Please, fill in the form bellow to submit your candidature. Applications will be reviewed and suitable candidates contacted in due course.
Valencia key information: http://www.visitvalencia.com/en/home